Monday, May 27, 2013

A long awaited return

I have been away from this blog for a long time, but I think it's high time I post at least some of the work I have completed over the last while.

After attending the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo in 2012 as an artist, I was given a lot of feedback and comments on my work. I still have not given up looking for work in my field, but I have definitely decided that I must not stop working to get better.

This is a little difficult in some regard, as my primary means of work currently states that I spend up to 11 hours in a piece of heavy equipment. This leaves very little time to work on my art, let alone anything else. 

This past off season I spend my time working on my jewelry crafting rather than my portfolio, which has brought me some great insight; I am meant to create. My necklaces have become so popular that I will likely set up an etsy account next year to sell my fine jewelry.

That being said, I still have not lost interest in looking for a career in my field of concept and digital artwork. I have, and always will, love creating creatures and characters. It's just unfortunate that, as with every year about this time, I must return to construction to pay the bills.

So without further adieu, I shall post some of my most recent work.

No comments: