Monday, May 27, 2013

Some Oldies, But Goodies

Let's start this process with a quick look back on some of my older artwork that I think is worth a mention.

I have always been interested in outlines more than colour. Here are some of my favorite images that are strictly outlines.

This is my rendition of one of those Chinese Dogs that protect entrances.

This is what I called a Draconic Ryder, a creature that travels on lightening.

Continuing my love of dragons, this is an Ancient Lizard, since it has no wings, it cannot be a dragon.

This is a quick study on the female form. I have always had a tough time with female bodies, but I'm always getting better. 

The last two you might have seen on this blog before, but I will post them again, as I very much love the detail and design of these two dragons.

Lexis is his name, a dragon no bigger than a large house cat. I loved drawing him, his details in his skin surfaces and the little poor mouse!

The final dragon, and my favorite, drawn for a very great friend, is Mathias. If he wrapped his wings around, it could encompass a small house! Beware, he does like the taste of human.

So this concludes the first post of my artwork. Next up will be some of my newer work that I had brought with me to the Calgary Comic Expo. Stay tuned!

No comments: