Monday, May 27, 2013

Expo Posters Part I

This is the first group of art I had completed for the Expo. On reflection, I had said I wanted to do only original artwork for the Expo. That wasn't the best of ideas. Even though I might have had good intentions, fan art would have turned me the biggest profit. That being said, I will aim for that the next time I get an art table there (I have some TMNT, Green Lantern, and Spiderman fan art already in mind)


First off we have a Shaman Mouse. I loved the movies The Secret of NIMH and The Tale of Despereaux. I've never been terribly fond of anthropomorphic mammals, but they've started to grow on me!


This was my very VERY first work with colour for the Expo. It had been years since I had painted my Tribute to Davy Jones, and without touching a brush for that long, I lost some of my magic. I think that magic is on its way back. A Catalope is what this is.


This picture was my first attempt to paint without outlines. This is my mom's favorite image, but to me it's still not amazing. Once more my ability to render the female form isn't perfect, but it gets better and better. This lady is like a spirit mermaid/ghost form that lives in lakes.
 

The last of the first batch of images was a nifty creature I made that's part woman, part sea dragon. The yellow tang in the corner is maybe my favorite part. This one was one of the first images I made during my time off construction.

My exploration with colour began with these images. I'm getting better with every image, I believe. 

This concludes the first part of my Expo Posters. Up next will be Part II, which I think are even better than the first!

 

No comments: